cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Cache corruption due to multiple WC login

SAP010101
5-Regular Member

Cache corruption due to multiple WC login

Current last line in proe1.psf is

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\%USERNAME%\PDM_WF_Client

What would the %USERNAME% be to reflect the Windchill user login?

As a WC admin it is a problem when sometimes you need to login to WC within Pro/E as orgadmin and other times as your actual user account. Would like a way to setup the .psf file so it creates the cache folder based on WC login and NOT the Windows login name.

8 REPLIES 8

I don't think you can do it from the Windchill login since the Windchill login doesn't pop up until after Pro/E is started.

You should think about running a batch file and point to the directory that you want PTC_WF_ROOT to be and then point to the ".bat" file that starts Pro/E.

The other idea would be to have different .psf files and edit the last line to point to where you want the directory to be and use that one when you want to be admin.

SAP010101
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianToussaint)

Brian, appreciate the reply however I was looking for something more fool proof. The problem with that approach is you could still easily login to WC using the wrong login by accident.

I don't know what versions you are using, but I do know that with CREO 2 and Windchill 10.1 if I try to login as a different user it throws a warning that says:

Warning: Active user changed

The server cache is registered to orgadmin.

Continuing as <user name> is not recommended.

Abort Ignore

Hopefully you can find your answer. I'll just keep on using my two shortcuts.

SAP010101
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianToussaint)

Interesting... didn't know that. We're on 10.0 and WF5 at the moment. Wonder if there is an option setting to make this happen or if it's only a product of upgrading?

No setting that I remember. I cannot remember for sure which upgrade it was. We went to 10.1 and then we upgraded to another version of CREO2 shortly after.

Warning: Active user changed

The server cache is registered to orgadmin.

Continuing as <user name> is not recommended.

Abort Ignore

How to correct this?

pjg
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:SAP010101)

Here is a short desciption on how to solve your problem:

Modify the startup configuration
so you have a <user> startup and a <admin> start up

Then modify the <user>.psf by adding this line at the bottom:
ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\Cache\.user

and do the same for <admin>.psf file:
ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\Cache\.adm

Note: the path to the cache file you can set to whatever you whant.

dponco
1-Newbie
(To:pjg)

Where can I find the .pst file for the adm and user?

Top Tags