cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Management assignees

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Change Management assignees

We're in the midst of implementing a customized Change Notice workflow for the release of drawings from Engineering.

When I was testing this workflow with myself assigned to each role in both the Change Task and the Change Notice everything worked as intended after a lot of trial and error. The point is everything acted as I wanted and expected before rolling this out to the users. It worked through dozens of test runs as I tweaked little things here and there.

Now that we're running our first one through, I've hit a snag.

The Change Task (Implementation Plan) works just fine through completion (no rework yet).

When the Change Task completes, the Change Notice workflow hits a snag. Everythign works fine through the 'Synch on CA Complete', but instead of the task going to the Auditor, it goes back to the Change Task assignee.

I've verified the Assigned Activity participant is the Auditor Role. I've verified the Auditor on the context team page is indeed set as the correct principal(user).

I can not simply assigne the user account in the Assigned Activity because other contexts may require other Auditors. I have to use the Role and set the principal on the context team page.

I've got a ticket in with Tech Support, but any additional help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Thanks to Vaugn McDaniel sent the solution while I was on the phone with PTC (who also said the same thing).

Verify that the Auditor role is set in the Change Notice team from the Team Administration page.

Top Tags