cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Monitor NullPointerException

rleir
17-Peridot

Change Monitor NullPointerException

Hi team

I tried 'Change Monitor' and get

Windchill JSP Exception Nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException

Change Monitor is available in Browse->recent products->some-product->Change Monitor

or similarly by library

or under Changes (between Recent Programs and Organizations)

There are several report templates which seem to be part of the 'out-of-the-box Change Monitor' but they were not enabled. Do they all need to be enabled? Is anything else needed to get this working?

thanks -- Rick

2 REPLIES 2
rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:rleir)

Hi @rleir 

Does the exception happen if you view the change monitor in an empty/new product, or is it only when you try to view the site/org change monitor?

Regards

Rob

rleir
17-Peridot
(To:rhart)

Hi Rob

Good question, it works when used on a very simple library which just has a few documents! This is a big step forward. This looks like a Jasper report?

The display contains a sub-report: All Open Problem Reports, All Open Change Requests, All Open Change Notices which work with no results because this simple library has no PR's, CR's or CN's. The reports under "All Special Reports" all fail:

"Average Change Request Completion Time (Entire System)"  fails "An attempt to display a web page via a template processor has failed. Contact your administrator for assistance. Information for their reference follows: Request Id: aaaa  Method Context Id: aaaa

But this is hard to debug because I just have a stack trace to work from :

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Caused by: Error : 937, Position : 15, Sql = SELECT TO_CHAR(A1.createStampA2,'dd mm yyyy hh24:mi:ss'),ROUND(AVG((A0.resolutionDate)-(A1.createStampA2)),TO_NUMBER('3')),COUNT(A1.idA2A2) FROM WTChangeIssue A0,WTChangeIssueMaster A1 WHERE (((A1.idA3containerReference = :1 ) AND (A0.resolutionDate IS NOT NULL ) AND (A0.latest = :2 ))) AND (A0.idA3masterReference = A1.idA2A2), OriginalSql = SELECT TO_CHAR(A1.createStampA2,'dd mm yyyy hh24:mi:ss'),ROUND(AVG((A0.resolutionDate)-(A1.createStampA2)),TO_NUMBER('3')),COUNT(A1.idA2A2) FROM WTChangeIssue A0,WTChangeIssueMaster A1 WHERE (((A1.idA3containerReference = ?) AND (A0.resolutionDate IS NOT NULL ) AND (A0.latest = ?))) AND (A0.idA3masterReference = A1.idA2A2), Error Msg = ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer11.processError(T4CTTIoer11.java:513)

I can't tell you when Change Monitor started failing, it might have been long ago. Maybe these reports will tell me something when I run them directly, let's see..

thanks -- Rick

Top Tags