cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Clipboard Question

ptc-680841
1-Newbie

Clipboard Question

I am wondering if someone can provide an answer to this ProductView Clipboard question ....
I know I can add two or more models to my PDMLink Clipboard and then open them into the same session of ProductView. I would like to save this collection back to PDMLink so I can work on it over several days, share it with others, etc.
Is this possible? Not seeing how to accomplish this.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,Andy B.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Andrew,

In PDMLink 9.1 it is not possible to save collections back to the database, as it was possible on Graphics Servers. It is not possible neither to save clipboard itself or to share it with others.

The only 'workaround' (I don't think it is one) is, in ProductView, to "Save all as PVZ". Then, in PDMLink Commonspace, you can create a new document, attach the PVZ file to the document and then people could visualize it. But :

- BranchLinks are lost (no update of ProductView representation is possible)

- You cannot open directly this document in ProductView !!!! (it says it doesn't recognize the file type). People have to download the pvz file, and after, to open it in Productview, where it will succeed finally.

So to say, today clipboard feature is a piece of s... in PDMLink I think.

Regards.

Xavier LEGER

I am wondering if someone can provide an answer to this ProductView Clipboard question ....
I know I can add two or more models to my PDMLink Clipboard and then open them into the same session of ProductView. I would like to save this collection back to PDMLink so I can work on it over several days, share it with others, etc.
Is this possible? Not seeing how to accomplish this.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,Andy B.
Top Tags