cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Code Mangement tools and methodologies

JoePriest
8-Gravel

Code Mangement tools and methodologies

I'm curious to know if anyone has a good methodology that they would like to share concerning how you manage your code for Windchill. We use Subversion and TortoiseSVN. Our use of it started with GSO and we took it over when they left. After looking around online for more information on how to use it properly or for other "best practices", it appears that there are a few good ways to do this and the way that GSO was using it presented a lot of problems that we don't want to keep doing moving forward. If anyone has comments to share on "this is how we do it and we have been really successful at it...", I'd really like to hear. Thanks.

Joe

1 REPLY 1

Am exactly looking for the same kind of approach. esp managing and building the codes in Team foundation server-TFS.

Normally we will maintain the code (for version management alone) in any of the source control tool.

Moving the files(*.zip and extract)to the designated servers and then run compilation, loadfiles, resource build etc.

Like other web applications not building in a seperate server and deploy the final delivery in windchill server.

In my opinion, The reason being many executions depends on certain windchill parameters and variables, execution of the commandsfrom windchill shell is wht PTC recommends. Obviously the concept of build server is rulled out here.

Any thoughts on this?

Top Tags