cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cognos 8 EnterpriseLDAP Namespace

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Cognos 8 EnterpriseLDAP Namespace

Hi All,
For those of you who are using Cognos 8 with an Enterprise LDAP did you set the property wt.cognos.explicitNamespace.enabled to allow Windchill to pass the namespace to Cognos when running a report? If so I would very much like some help. Here's where I am:

1. Our EnterpriseLDAP is Microsoft Active Directory.

2. I added the EnterpriseLDAP namespace in the Cognos Configuration tool as an LDAP resource (not an AD resource).

a. Also added the custom properties "baseDN" and "wtLookupPriority".

3. I modified Apache to recognize the EnterpriseLDAP namespace for Cognos.

4. I added the following site.xconf properties.
<property name="wt.cognos.explicitNamespace.enabled" overridable="true"&lt;br"/> targetFile="db/db.properties"
value="true"/>

<property name="wt.cognos.startup.location" overridable="true"&lt;br"/> targetFile="db/db.properties"
value="($wt.cognos.home)\configuration\cogstartup.xml"/>

I believe I have done everything that the documentation says to do but the namespace still isn't being recognized by Cognos. When the user executes a report he is presented with a Cognos namespace dropdown. Once the namespace is chosen the report executes properly.

Alternatively I can force the namespace through the Cognos Configuration tool but this prevents the "wbrAdministrator" (AdministrativeLDAP) from logging in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01CDB297.D4B59C10]

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick, you need to edit the Environment node. It specifies the default namespace. Just put in your Enterprise one. Nothing else is needed.

[cid:image001.gif@01CDB2A1.6BD607C0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Steve,
Yes I was able to get that configuration to work properly. However I was trying to get the functionality working where Windchill would detect and pass the LDAP namespace to Cognos. So far I can't get that to work.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CDB2BB.3F3B1EC0]

I'm assuming you have multiple namespaces?

I've never had success with this. You might be able to leave the namespace blank and have users select it. What did PTC TS say?

[cid:image001.gif@01CDB2A2.4E761520]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Yes I do have two namespaces. The AdministrativeLDAP (Windchill DS) and the EnterpriseLDAP (our corporate MSAD).

PTC TS... I've had a ticket created for this problem since 9/21/2012.

[cid:image003.jpg@01CDB2BB.AE65FB80]
Not applicable
(To:pwilliams-3)

Escalate the ticket, IMHO.

~Dan

Yeah, especially since it has been open this long. The core issue is that if you have an AD integration and are using that then you can't login as WCADMIN or WBRADMIN and actually edit reports.

[cid:image002.gif@01CDB2A8.52215B20]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Have you checked the order of the namespace? It happened to a previous installation where WindchillDS had to be first then AD.

Top Tags