cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Complete Task Button

ptc-5091742
1-Newbie

Complete Task Button

Hello ,

I have a requirement where for a particular workflow activity i want the 'Complete Task' button to be clicked twice before the flow can actualy can trigger to the next activity.

For instance , when the user clicks 'Complete Task' for the first time the system should show the message 'Please add the users in Set Up Participants tab and then Complete the task' . Now regardless of user adding the users in Set Up Participants tab , the second time user clicks the 'Complete Task' button , the system should allow the flow to move ahead and the next activity should be executed.

Please note that something similar to this can be achieved by using OnClick function as follows:-

Ø This can be achieved by Java Script where we can use OnClick function. We can define a Boolean Type variable which stores a TRUE ‘if the Message is displayed’ and FALSE ‘ if the message is not displayed’.

Ø On the first click to ’Complete Task’ the variable will return the value ‘False’ ( the message is not displayed) in that case we can display the message to the user i. e “Please add the users in Set Up Participants Tab”.

Ø On the Second Click to Complete Task the variable returns ‘True’ (the message has been already displayed) . The flow can be passed to moved head in that case.

But this would be applicable for all the workflows and hence all the activities in those workflows. What if some activities dont have Set Up Participants tab?

I want this to be applied to a particular activity in a workflow.

Any advices..ehh?

1 REPLY 1
Prabhash
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5091742)

Hey Ishaan, Just curious, did you find what you were looking for?

Top Tags