cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Completing Tasks in ProjectLink

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

Completing Tasks in ProjectLink

All -

We are new to ProjectLink and starting to set up our first projects, using templates that our VAR helped us create.

For some programs, some of the tasks in the templates have already been completed. I seem to remember that, as the project manager, the user can manually 'complete' tasks; but I can'tremember where/how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction? We don't want to launch the project and send out a bunch of notifications/tasks for things people have already done.

Thanks in advance -

Chrystal Johnstone

Red Dot Corporation

Seattle, WA

3 REPLIES 3

Advice - start slowly and get confidence. It's preferable to start and work thru a number of projects manually with all involved to "get the hang of it." I once triggered 40000 emails on the production system not knowing what I was initiating.

The automation is very useful but also can cause havoc if not managed carefully - people need to get used to things gradually.

Fortunately, you can take any project and save it as a project template - allowing you to gradually build up the project templates. You can of course manage the templates at any time in terms of visibility and enabled - and can export / import in order to play with them on a non-production system

[cid:image001.png@01CF733D.EB28C270] [cid:image002.png@01CF733D.EB28C270]

[cid:image003.png@01CF733D.EB28C270]
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:cjohnstone)

Hi,

Its important to know which release of Windchill you are using and whether or not it is a Classic Plan or an Enhanced Plan. Enhanced was the default starting at Windchill 10.0. You can get a lot of good information in the Windchill Help Center.

-Scott

Thanks, Scott -

I got some good feedback from Mr. Lockwood as well. We are just now dipping our toes in the water, so this is all helpful stuff.

Thanks!
Chrystal
Top Tags