cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Configuring distribution target to publish in a JMS queue

ptc-4600117
1-Newbie

Configuring distribution target to publish in a JMS queue

Hello,

I would like to know if someone knows about how to configure a distribution target to publish in a given queue when an object status is modified. I have tried to set up a JMS queue in my server, to create a distribution target linked to a part, but when I change the state of my part from "working" to "released" I have no messages sent to my queue...

Thank you for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

how did u configured jms?

In Info engine administration:

JMS Context Provider Factory: com.tibco.tibjms.naming.TibjmsInitialContextFactory

JMS Base URI: tibjmsnaming://trainer:7222 (trainer is the name of my host)

JMS User: admin

JMS password: (I have no password set)

Queue Connection Factory: QueueConnectionFactory

There are some properties related to JMS configuration in site.xconf apart from setting it in info Engine admin page.

You need to set the following properties and run xconfmanager.

1) jms.hostname

2) jms.password

3) jms.verify.password

4) jms.portnumber

5) tibjms.jar.file.path

6) jms.username

7) jms.CtxFactory

Once it is done you should be able to see message in ms startup as subscription to Result queue is successful.

If u see this message then your configuration is correct else recheck the config.

Also there is some preference in ESI to set username and pwd for a queue, recheck the values of it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. When WC starts, I can see "subscription to MyQueueResult successful". But when I change the state of my object, I see:

ESI release : Continues to publish MyPart

Exporting to JMS queue

And that's all, so I think it's the "exporting to JMS queue" part which doesn't work.

I have found where is my problem. In my file "ExportToJMSQueue.xml", I have:

String queueName = target.getSoftAttribute("QueueName");

and this "queueName" is null.

I don't understand how to create the soft attribute QueueName and link it with my distribution target.

Any idea?

In Site/Utilities/Type manager

You've got the Distribution target. And a sub Type for JMS queue ... may be you have to add this IBA ...

Top Tags