cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

CreO parameters relations driven via WTPart

DKWc
13-Aquamarine

CreO parameters relations driven via WTPart

Hi,

I've a design table in CreO that needs to be executed/driven/controlled from the parameters on the WTPart.

Any suggestions on how it could be achieved?

4 REPLIES 4
joe_morton
17-Peridot
(To:DKWc)

Normally, designated attributes flow from the CAD model to the WTPart when the CAD model is checked in. If you want the WTPart to drive the CAD, then you would go through the normal steps of designating parameters and adding them as Windchill attributes. I think that once everything is set up, you could do a "reverse build" on the WTPart to drive the attributes back to the CAD. I think you would still need to open and regenerate the CAD though if the geometry is updating from the action.

I found this link that referred to a "reverse build":

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs240504?language=en&posno=4&q=reverse%20build&source=search

This only refers to Line Number and Find Number if you configure IBA to map it.  No where does it talk about other parameters which can be pushed from WTPart to CAD Docs. Am I missing something else?

I just did a test in our dev environment. This is Windchill 12.0.2.5. Here's the steps:

• Check out WTPart and make an edit to a designated attribute
  • Go to structure page and open a "Compare to CAD Structure". 
  • Select a Workspace to edit the CAD in
  • Right-click the WTPart -> "Build One Level CAD Structure"
  • Result: CAD is iterated and receives the updated attribute value

You can achieve the same thing faster by adding the CAD to a server-side workspace, editing the attribute there, and checking in. Windchill will then do a normal build, and update the WTPart. The only use case I can think of for doing the reverse build method is if you are making a WTPart first, and then generating the initial CAD from that. I don't really have experience with that way of working though.

DKWc
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

The link is I'm trying to generate a CAD model from the parameters on WTPart.

Is it possible?

Top Tags