cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Create New Document fails to browse to file

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Create New Document fails to browse to file

Wew are trying to create a new document in WIndchill. We navigate to the Windchill folder we wanr, then select New Document. The type menu comes up, select and Next. In this view, we select Browse to get the file from disk we want to add. We get to the network drive and the system will not let some users naviagte through the folders to the file. We try to navigate outside PDMLink to be sure it isn't a folder permission issue and we can get to the file. The 2 sysadmins can browse to the file on their machines. I login in as the user having problems on my machine and no problems. We have not chnaged any settings and IT hasn't done any patch rollouts to the OS. All machines were reboot with the same results. We then checked Java versions, the syadmins are on 1.7.0_05 32-bit and 1.7.0_06 64-bit and the user with the issues is on a version of 1.6.0_12 64-bit. All systems are runing Windows 7-64bit.

We can get IT to update to only those levels of 1.7 and nothing newer as they haven't approved newer releases at corporate.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

We installed Java 1.0.7 on the user's machine and that solved the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Hi Ben,

To rule out Java try disabling it for the upload mechanism and see if your user is still unable to browse.

1. Click on the “Quick Links“ > My Setting > Preference

2. Expand Attachment and change the Preference “ File Upload Mechanism” to “ Use basic browser functionality to select and upload files

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

We installed Java 1.0.7 on the user's machine and that solved the problem.

Top Tags