cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Creo Worker for HDIC Conversion and Creo Part with user defined "Simplified Representation"

mbuonfiglioli
12-Amethyst

Creo Worker for HDIC Conversion and Creo Part with user defined "Simplified Representation"

I have a doubt, if I have a model of a CAD part, which contains:
1 The master REP.
2 A User Defined Sim.Rep.
(This is because I have a Drawing with 2 Sheet, 1 Active, Linked to User.Def.Rp). and one inactive for the publication related to the master rep).
When I go to assemble the part, I know that I have to know which representation is the right one.

The questions are as follows:

A) - There is a way to tell "Windchill" that the primary representation is the User defined, and not the Master rep. (Of the Part)?

B) - In the same way there is a way to tell the CAD worker that converts the CREO file in CATIA to convert the User defined representation and not the Master rep (of the part)?

I thought about creating a configurable assembly and insert only the part once in the User defined version, and insert it again in the Master version, and make the drawing starting from this assembly and in One sheet put the assembly model in a configuration (therefore with only one part), and on the other sheet put the other together in the other configuration.

But even in this case there is a way to tell the CAD worker to convert the file from CREO to CATIA of the configuration I want, and not the master?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Creo Simplified Representations cannot be exported to Catia, as Catia does not support Simp Reps.

Windchill Options and Variants allows to define Configurable Products and can be used for both Creo and Catia.

Please see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS195702   Best Practices: How to create a variant specifications in Windchill Options and Variants.

regards

Thomas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Creo Simplified Representations cannot be exported to Catia, as Catia does not support Simp Reps.

Windchill Options and Variants allows to define Configurable Products and can be used for both Creo and Catia.

Please see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS195702   Best Practices: How to create a variant specifications in Windchill Options and Variants.

regards

Thomas

Thanks toschmann,

in the main time I solved, because I modified with creo program, constructing all the features before in the part, and in the program creating 2 alternative (suspending the features not needed in the version) regenerable version, so every time I regenerate the Master Rep, it ask me which one I want to regen, so with 1 Master rep Model and 1 Drawing, I can save as to new drawing and model, and if I need one version, during the regeneration I can choose it.

Thanks any way for you suggestion that is more deep correlated to the system. 

Top Tags