cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo2 won't start from Worker Agent Administration

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Creo2 won't start from Worker Agent Administration

When we switched from WF4 to Creo last week, we also upgraded the settings for the publishing machine and put a local copy of Creo on it. Went through the Adapter.pvi and the Workder.rcp files and updated them to work with Creo2. We were already running the CreoView Adapters, so the only change was Creo2 from WF4. When we start the GS Worker as a service creo will not launch. The GS Worker is calling WorkerDaemon.exe. If I open a command prompt and run WorkerDaemon manually, then I can get Creo2 to start from the Worker Agent Administration window.

Has anyone else had this issue with Creo2 or CreoView? PTC seems stumped on my open call.

Going to cross post this to other groups for better coverage.

2 REPLIES 2
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:BenLoosli)

On 08/29/14 13:17, Ben Loosli wrote:
>
> When we switched from WF4 to Creo last week, we also upgraded the settings for the publishing
> machine and put a local copy of Creo on it. Went through the Adapter.pvi and the Workder.rcp files
> and updated them to work with Creo2. We were already running the CreoView Adapters, so the only
> change was Creo2 from WF4. When we start the GS Worker as a service creo will not launch. The GS
> Worker is calling WorkerDaemon.exe. If I open a command prompt and run WorkerDaemon manually, then
> I can get Creo2 to start from the Worker Agent Administration window.
>

I would take a look at the following:

* I would have a look at who is actually running the WorkerDaemon process when ran as a service vs
ran manually
* are the other worker related process starting?
o workermonitor
o pro22pv.exe
o workerhelper.exe
* try removing the .wf directory from the proe_setup directory
* try turning off the Windows firewall if you haven't already tried this

> Has anyone else had this issue with Creo2 or CreoView? PTC seems stumped on my open call.
>
> Going to cross post this to other groups for better coverage.
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, hate to ask this, but did you install the new adapters? Or did you just update Creo? I believe you have to update the adapters also.

[cid:image001.png@01CFC388.46E36530]

David Haigh
Top Tags