cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Custom Views in Web Browser for ProductPoint

ptc-2151062
1-Newbie

Custom Views in Web Browser for ProductPoint

Hello all, while in any web browser, I can't seem to figure out how to create custom views. We keep all out projects in the "products" site on ProductPoint, but some projects have hundreds of parts. Is there any way to setup a view structure to show only assemblies, or only show drawings or certain parts? I see there are some pre-set views (such as Model Structure, Calculations, Drawings and Formats, Part List, All Documents) but I don't see how they can be customized for content. When I choose "Create View" or "Modify this View", it seems like the only options I get have to do with parameter columns. Thanks for any help!
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Andri, Within the "Create View" and "Modify this View" pages, you should be able to scroll down past the parameter/column settings. There are quite a few other areas that you have control over, including Filters, which should help you achieve what you are looking for. Sincerely, Ben Duquette Application Engineer TriStar, Inc.

The catch here is that filters in Modify View do no work in PP (SPR 1769958). They are not implemented yet. The only way so far to display only Assys, for example, is to include Type column in view and then while displaying the view, click little funnel icon near column name and select Assy. BTW, Filters still do not work in PP 1.1.

As far as I can tell, filters do work. I figured out I can use the "Title" parameter (column) to filter my views. Basically I only wanted to show items with the part name beginning in 2082, so applying the "Title" filter with "begins with" and "2082" did the trick for me.
Announcements

Top Tags