cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Customize BOM Type values in MPMLink

sbegum-2
11-Garnet

Customize BOM Type values in MPMLink

Hi,

I am new to MPMLink, so this might be something basic. My requirement is to add some custom types for the BOM Type in the drop down menu (which by default has the values Costing, Production & Testing). This is while creating a new Downstream branch from the Manufacturing Associative Part Structure Browser. The BOM Type is not an object I believe, could not find anything so far. Please help or any clues how to proceed further would be great.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They are modeled, so you can't extend them from Type & Attribute, but as follows:

• Use enumCustomize to update:
  • <WT_HOME>/codebase/wt/vc/views/Variation1RB (BOM Type) 

Overview from Online Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @sbegum-2 ,

To change legal value list I would do something like this: Organisations -> Utilities -> Type and Attribute

Management -> Select Part -> Attributes -> BOM Type -> Right Mouse Button -> View Info - > Constrains -> Legal Value List

To set default BOM Type value in MAPSBManufacturing Associative Part Structure Browser) go to:
Organisations -> Utilities -> Type and Attribute Management -> Select Part -> Layouts -> MAPSB Structure Transformation Layout 

They are modeled, so you can't extend them from Type & Attribute, but as follows:

• Use enumCustomize to update:
  • <WT_HOME>/codebase/wt/vc/views/Variation1RB (BOM Type) 

Overview from Online Help

Thank you @Casey_Swain & @GregoryPERASSO for the help!

Keep spreading the knowledge.

Cheers!

Shenaz

Announcements

Top Tags