cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Data Loading: AutoCAD as WGM EPMDocuments

BrianSullivan
9-Granite

Data Loading: AutoCAD as WGM EPMDocuments

Hello.

Reviewing how to use the data loader with AutoCAD Files.

Could someone send me a sample of their Excel Format and the associated csvmap.txt?

I have used data loading with wtParts and wtDocuments but it has been a while... and I am not sure where to locate the Proper Syntax for the Autocad EPMDocuments.

Would like to Bulk Load a few sample AutoCAD Drawings, with attributes for System Revision Level and a User-Defined Attribute called DESCRIPTION.

Brian Sullivan

1 REPLY 1

Hello.

Does not appear anyone has tried to use the data loader to input epmdocuments, such as AutoCAD.
People have brought them in as wtDocuments.

Any alternative way to bring in 30,000 AutoCAD DWGs into Windchill.... I am aware of I-Cubed Legend Loader... We will also look into making an AutoCAD Macro that File Open/ Save to Workspace.

Will continue to investigate and let everyone know. Also will Investigate use of the Export/Import Tool suggested. (As long as we can get the data in, we can have data entry personnel view in ProductView and set Revision and enter Description manually)

Brian

PS
Think outside the box, we have thought of bring 30,000 into Pro/E WGM via Import or Data Loader as wtDocuments... Then possibly use an Oracle Script to change TypeDef...

Top Tags