cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Default state for CAD files at check in

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Default state for CAD files at check in

The default state for CAD files is In Work. Can that be changed?

I don't know if we will do this yet. I wanted to find out first before I bring it up.

Steve G

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen,

This will be based on your life cycle template. We have a custom life cycle template with Design as the default state for our CAD files.

Brian Toussaint
Systems Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
“A Superior Degree Of Reliability”
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:STEVEG)

A bit more info…

* From User action New CAD Doc (from CAD or workspace), system looks for* Object Initialization Rule (OIR) for that type (EPMDocument) and finds lifecycle template specified.

* Lifecycle template is applied that new object and first state is assigned

* As supplied, the OIR for EPMDoc specifies the "Basic" lifecycle template.

* The Basic Lifecycle has states: In Work, Released, Canceled.

* A bit confusing: Each lifecycle template can also be marked either "Basic" or "Advanced" but the Basic lifecycle template is in fact Basic type.

* the system "looks for" the OIR in the current Product/Library. If not found, it looks at Org level. If not found, it looks at Site level. In this way, you can have a different OIR and lifecycle in different Products / Libraries if desired. One example - Might have a different LC for purchased standard parts in a purchased parts Library vs. custom parts / assemblies.

If you change the LC via changing the OIR, may want to plan to re-assign lifecycle to all existing - a relatively major step that should be done on a weekend and tested on a rehosted system.

Also need to plan for user permissions at the new state.

My apologies in advance if anyone finds the message to be not appropriate for this group, but it is the best way I know to get word out to the Windchill community.

Myself and another resource are rolling off a long term contract project where we have been doing Windchill Integration work from Windchill to SAP/ECC using ESI. We also have significant experience in installation, upgrade, migration, custom watermarking and data loading - all the low level stuff most people do not like to do. So if you are looking for help in Windchill and specifically those areas please let me know. I can be reached - or via phone at 503-888-1471. Also, if anyone has better suggestions on how to reach out to the Windchill Community please let me know.

Since I also respect the technical integrity of this group I am going to post some hopefully useful information for folks regarding one of those areas. I just have to figure out which one. So if you have an opinion on what topic you think would benefit the group the most please let me know.

Windchill Integrations
Specially lessons learned for connecting Windchill to SAP
Or if anyone has any questions on how to do something I will do my best to answer

Custom Watermarking
How to use the LiveCycle server to create custom Watermarks.
Data Loading
Various tricks on how to use Windchill Data loaders

Again please let me know if any of these areas have any interest to the group and I will write something up. If I do not hear anything I will guess.

Thanks,
--Bob

P.S Quicky Windchill/SAP tidbit

When doing initial development with the Tibco application use the Windchill Simulator tool that comes with ESI to easily push test data onto the response queue for Tibco to consume. It comes with ESI, it is free, it is useful.

Announcements

Top Tags