cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Deleting parts and cad data

ptc-2193480
1-Newbie

Deleting parts and cad data

I have the ability to delete documentation within our system. What I would like to know if how to delete parts and cad data in Windchill that have been used by something else without getting the (referential error) and the only solution being to delete EVERYTHING that uses it. That is not a solution Understanding that Windchill being a product of PTC reflects some of the logic of Pro Engineer. Every time a part is saved (or checked out and checked in) it receives an iteration. (PART001.prt.1 PART001.prt.2 so on...) If I have a WT Part that is created, it starts at PART.1 and then when i add something to its BOM and update it it goes to PART.2 I have tried just deleting PART.2 but it requires everything to be deleted. Next I tried removing the part from the BOM so it would no longer be using it and when it is checked back in it goes to PART.3 Therefore one PART at one point it time still is using it even though it currently is not there. CANNOT delete! The only thing I can think of is if there is a way to PURGE as done for Pro Engineer data offline to clean up hard disk space. This way we could remove the part at PART.3 and purge so PART.1 and PART.2 is removed. IS THIS POSSIBLE? THanks
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags