cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Document Structure Report

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Document Structure Report

Is there a way we can generate Document Structure Report? I would like to leverage this functionality in generating Design History File index. But there is no way we can generate report out of the box.

DocumentStructure.png

1 REPLY 1

The question I would ask myself here is this: Do you really want to create and store a report which is just another document? Or would it be better to create a baseline or package which is a "Windchill native" object not yet another piece of (electronic) paper.

Maybe you are able to update your procedures to let e.g. a baseline 'become' your future Design History File? Or your existing DHF document can reference the baseline which has a unique ID and a released state. Because people anyway need access to Windchill to get to the documents so why not just have them lookup the baseline there also?

We use baselines and/or packages as ways to keep these records and then - if - we need to share a report to store in e.g. our ERP system we have created a ReportManager based report that given a baseline number displays its contents. Though I would really very much prefer to just add a URL to the ERP system linking to the baseline. But that's not always feasible if users of the other system has no access to Windchill 😞

Going to Windchill 10 we are looking into if we can replace our custom baseline report with the Change Report available in the structure tab of parts. Because the Change Report report displays both Parts and their related documents. That or any other reports is not available in the structure tab for documents though - so as a way around this you need to link the documents to parts and use the report on the part. That may or may not be feasible in all situations though...

Top Tags