cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Document Workflow

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Document Workflow

I have a Doc Workflow that works great, but I have one small issue. If a user revises this document which takes it back to Inwork state the workflow starts again....is there a setting to only run the workflow once or do I need to disallow revise for this type? Note: once the doc reaches released it will NEVER change.

10.2 M022

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the document will NEVER change, then I would make sure that the document does not have any checks under the Revise Transition for any of your life cycle states. Also make sure that the Inwork state does not have a Workflow assigned in your life cycle.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If the document will NEVER change, then I would make sure that the document does not have any checks under the Revise Transition for any of your life cycle states. Also make sure that the Inwork state does not have a Workflow assigned in your life cycle.

Brian,

The doc "should" never change...if need be I can go in as Admin and update without setting state. And yes there is a workflow assigned to the inwork state so it starts automatically when the doc is created. I was just wondering if there was a checkbox somewhere that forced the workflow to only run once per doc.

Thanks,

Greg

sad
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:GregOlson)

Dear Greg,

To prevent the workflow re-starting while revising the document, need to add a conditional expression at the start of the workflow. The condition should check whether the document has initial version or revised version. If it is initial version, it should proceed to the regular flow. Else it should directly go to the End.

Regards
Suresh Babu

sad
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:GregOlson)

If the Doc should never change after RELEASE, then revise option should be disabled for that document type.

Regards,

Suresh Babu

Top Tags