cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ECR Deletion mail

pradeepks
6-Contributor

ECR Deletion mail

Hi All,

I want to do one modification in the ECR, Once the ECR is deleted or terminated the auto generated mail should generate and send to respective user who are all involves in the ECR. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @pradeepks 

I have general idea without deep solution but I can imagine that you can do it.

Create custom listener for delete event or change state event to terminate state.

Check the object that is correct one (ECR/WF) and read all parameters what you need.

Get all participants who should be informed by email

Create email and send it with information that ECR is canceled.

I can not imagine that it can be done without customization because DELETE event didn't work for me by a Notification Rules in Policy Administration. 

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:pradeepks)

Deleting a CR or terminating a workflow should be an extremely rare event, not part of the normal workflow. If this is being used, I would suggest adding off ramps to your workflow to you can "cancel" them and leave them with a record of cancellation. This way you can use the email robots and do what you described easily. The only time I delete or terminate a workflow is administratively since only the admin should have those rights.

@avillanueva is right.

It is very rare that the change objects are deleted during the process.

There can be another point with terminating tasks in the workflow.

There can be some reason why tasks are terminated and the best way how to inform users it to link email notification with the tasks that sending email starts if the task is terminated (terminate rote).

You need to modify workflows and decide what task should be managed that way.

PetrH

Top Tags