cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

EPMDocument xml loaders

Neo
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

EPMDocument xml loaders

Hello,

I am working on some data migration in Windchill for that can anyone suggest me how should I use XML data loaders for EPMDocument like .asm, .Prt file in Windchill as of now I can load the WTPart and WTDocuments but not the EPMDocument

2 REPLIES 2
mrane
1-Newbie
(To:Neo)

Hi Ankit,

There isnt an OOTB EPMLoader. Having said that, one can always use the Nmloader framework to write a loader for EPMDocument. Nmloader framework will require a handler which will essentially create the EPMDocument using windchill API's. You can refer to the dataload guide for writing customized handlers. Roughly you'll have to do the following steps:

1. Create a new xml element for EPMloader.

2. Update the csvmapfile.dtd

3. Write a handler for actually creating the EPMDocument using API (You may look at LoadPart.java. This is the handler for WTPart and is available OOTB)

4. Run the EPMLoader using the LoadFromFile command.

NmLoader already supports uploading content. The same tags and handlers can be used in case of EPMDocument to upload the actual content. You should be able to find every detail for this in the dataLoad guide.

-Malavika

Ankit,

Was Malavika's response able to resolve your issue. If so could you mark it as correct.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Top Tags