cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ESI / Oracle - Initial Synching of pre-existing data

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

ESI / Oracle - Initial Synching of pre-existing data

We are in the process of connecting PDMLink 9.1 (M040) - Oracle 11.5.9 using ESI for Oracle.

We are getting ready for our first pilot and are trying to figure out how to synch Windchill and Oracle together.

For data that only exists in Windchill we’ve been successful pushing the data through ESI to Oracle.

For data that is both in Windchill and Oracle, we have not been successful. What I was doing was the following

1. Ensure that the data was in sync, descriptions, revisions, states etc.. between the systems.

2. Load into Windchill Distribution Targets to match the Inventory Orgs in Oracle. This then allowed me to see the Distribution Targets in the Windchill UI for that part.
3. Load the ESIReleaseActivity for the parts that are in Oracle. This then allowed me to see a “Successful” release date. I could also use the View ERP Details to see Cost, Inventory on Hand, etc..
4. If I then Revised that Windchill part from say Rev A to Rev B, and then created an ECN, it would fail because it was trying to Create the part in Oracle not Update it.

Am I missing any steps in preparing Windchill for data that already exists in Oracle. (note I’m excluding BOM Headers in this case, that will add another level of complexity, but I figured I should crawl first…)

i've attached the two load files for reference.

2 REPLIES 2
rwelch
6-Contributor
(To:sdrzewiczewski)

Stephen,

For the most part I think everything you are proposing to do
makes sense. One thing to note though is that ESIReleaseActivity
objects don't really live by themselves. They need to be
associated with a ESITransaction objects (see attached).

Ron
[cid:AF71B1BF-073C-4426-992A-9CE0DD13A89A@cs.na.baesystems.com]

Ron, thanks for the reply.

Looking at the ESIOracleImplGuide.pdf there is a note that says;

Top Tags