cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Effectivity Report

srector
1-Newbie

Effectivity Report

I am trying to put together a report listing parts and their corresponding effectivities (including context part and context name).

I figured out how torelate the subject part to it's effectivity 'context part', but I can't seem to figure out how to relate the 'context part' to a product name.

There appear to be effectivity context objects available, but when I try to use them I get a message that they aren't 'concrete' (I believe this means they are abstract?).

If anyone has any suggestions, or an example they would be willing to share, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2

So, after much gnashing of teeth, and many, many iterations, I think I have figured out “A” solution. It may not be the best approach, but I think it will meet our needs.

I have included a copy of the Report Manager query for anyone who might be interested. I plan to integrate this query into an existing Cognos report that we use to document released Change Notices.

This query is less a finished report and more of a proof of concept, so it is missing all of the niceties like Conditionals to search by Part Number or by Product. However, these could certainly be added if someone had a mind to.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions on how to improve the query, I would certainly appreciate your comments.

Steve

cmckenna
4-Participant
(To:srector)

Hi Steve, were you ever able to integrate this into your Cognos report on released Change Notices, and if so, do you have an example of this?

Top Tags