cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Exporting Related CAD Drawings from a Product Structure

RS_10095685
3-Visitor

Exporting Related CAD Drawings from a Product Structure

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.10

I am using the Import/Export manager, and when I export a WTPart assembly with the option "Product Structure with CAD Documents / Dynamic Documents (built with active configuration specification)", the WTParts, BOM, CAD models, CAD model structure, and WTDocuments and the WTDoc-WTPart relationships all get exported. However, any CAD Drawings related to the CAD Models via drawing reference (and thus "calculated" relationship to WTPart) or related to Parts via content (or other "non-owner" links) do NOT get exported. It seems I have to manually add the drawings as separate line items. This is problematic for larger assemblies. Is there a way to include related drawings on a Product Structure export?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @RS_10095685 

Unfortunately "Product Structure with CAD Documents" option does not export drawings at all.

You can move all drawings to the folder and use second option "Cabinet and Folder Contents"

Or add all data to a workspace and export the workspace. I know you need the Creo and a Creo licence

I don't have better idea for now. 

PetrH

Thank you for your response - I was afraid that's the case. If you move the drawings and include them as a 2 nd entry for "Cabinet and Folder" contents, will the total export include the model-to-drawing relationships as well?

Hi @RS_10095685 

I don't know 

Try it.

PetrH

Hello RS_10095685,
You encountered unexpected behavior while using Windchill, thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question.
The use-case is referenced in kb article cs156273 and it seems unfortunately calculated links are not exported.
KR,
Charles.

Top Tags