cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

FTAs with different Calculation Types in a single system file?

ptc-5038547
1-Newbie

FTAs with different Calculation Types in a single system file?

Hello everyone,

in the lifecycle of our product we have to calculate different FTAs, which are based on different calculation models (Time dependent FTAs + Lambda Tau FTAs). Unfortunately, if I calculate a FTA with a calculation model, the calculation type will be fix and cant be changed anymore to calculate the other FTAs with a different calculation model. This means for us, we have to have two system files for the same system, one with time dependent FTAs and one with Lambda Tau FTAs.

I talked to someone who worked with Relex/WQS for a long time and he said there might be a chance that I get it to work with configurations but he couldn't promise it for sure. I tried it with no success. I couldn't find anything about that in the Reference Guide either.

Is there any way to have FTAs with different calculation models in a single system file? Or can someone confirm, that there is no way to do it?

Thank You! Best wishes.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Torben,

There is no way to combine different calculation models. They were purposefully separated because they have different underlying math models.

You could potentially use a Time Dependent Tree and use different Time Exposures to enable non-homogeneous calculation.

Top Tags