cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

File Name Save As History?

jtruitt
1-Newbie

File Name Save As History?

We have Windchill 10.1 M040. I'm trying to dig into when I made an update to some parts and where some new ones came from to correct them. I took a look at the history on windchill and it allows to view the save as history, however, it doesn't tell me the file name of the original object. It tells me the file name for things like revision history. Is this just a quirk or can I actually find the file name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jtruitt)

I have created an additional tab named 'Additional History' and customized it to show file rename, save-as and saved to information.

It does show the save-as history (WC10.0m040), but I'm not near Windchill today to give you better instructions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jtruitt)

I have created an additional tab named 'Additional History' and customized it to show file rename, save-as and saved to information.

It does show the save-as history (WC10.0m040), but I'm not near Windchill today to give you better instructions.

Thank you! I never messed around with new tabs and sure enough there was a convenient option for save as history with the file name.

Top Tags