cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

File Upload problem after windows security patch update..

PardeepS
1-Newbie

File Upload problem after windows security patch update..

Hello everyone

We did a Windows patch update on test server and after the patch update, everything is working fine except we are not able to upload anything. The error I am getting reads like this:

An error occured while uploading the file. Please contact your administrator. Error: [object Error]

Java update is not a problem. Even then tried changing the preference to browser upload but still the same case.

Other thing is, After the update the backGround method server log started stacking up like anything with a speed f say around 500 mb an hour. no users are active on this server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Honestly, I wouldn't expect upload to fail due to indexing problems. I believe you can set the following propreties to help debug indexing. wt.index.verboseExecution=true, wt.index.verbosePerformance=true, wt.index.verboseDetailedPerformance=true,wt.index.log.enabled=true,

wt.index.log.file=<your choice>,

I'm not sure if those properties are still in use.

Let's eliminate indexing as a possibility.

If you can get the database onto a clone development box, I'd try setting wt.index.enabled=false. Then delete the waiting indexing entries. You may have to use the command line to clear the indexing queue. (wt.queue.QueueManager, I think).

Before any of that, look at the vaulting. Site/Utilities/External Storage Administrator. Validate all of your mounts. More specifically, does Windchill have access to the default folder. What about wc's default temp folder? (wt.temp property). If that looks good, you can try deleting your vaulting rules to eliminate vaulting as a source of the error.

Again, also look at your Windows event logs. Restart Windchill and associated applications/processes/services. Sort the event logs to view the latest and look for red?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

There are lots of possibilities.

Are you vaulting? Are you indexing? Is Windchill running as a service? What about the associated applications? Check your event log. Are all the services starting correctly? Did a password change?

I'd start with the associated Windchill logs. Do you have anything less generic than "An error occured while uploading the file. Please contact your administrator. Error: [object Error]?"

yes, Vaulting is there. But issue worth talking about is indexing. There are some waiting entries in Index queue because of which Background method server log is piling up at the rate of noughts. Around 1 GB per hour or so. Cant see any exceptions there, but repeated trails only. Can indexing or IndexQueue have an effect on uploading a file?

Other thing I did was MakeJar. But trie Bootstrap without any success

Honestly, I wouldn't expect upload to fail due to indexing problems. I believe you can set the following propreties to help debug indexing. wt.index.verboseExecution=true, wt.index.verbosePerformance=true, wt.index.verboseDetailedPerformance=true,wt.index.log.enabled=true,

wt.index.log.file=<your choice>,

I'm not sure if those properties are still in use.

Let's eliminate indexing as a possibility.

If you can get the database onto a clone development box, I'd try setting wt.index.enabled=false. Then delete the waiting indexing entries. You may have to use the command line to clear the indexing queue. (wt.queue.QueueManager, I think).

Before any of that, look at the vaulting. Site/Utilities/External Storage Administrator. Validate all of your mounts. More specifically, does Windchill have access to the default folder. What about wc's default temp folder? (wt.temp property). If that looks good, you can try deleting your vaulting rules to eliminate vaulting as a source of the error.

Again, also look at your Windows event logs. Restart Windchill and associated applications/processes/services. Sort the event logs to view the latest and look for red?

This can give you information and possible problems about your vaults

windchill wt.fv.tools.WContentVerify -user=<userid> -password=<password>

And some vault related properties...

wt.fv.verbose

wt.fv.verboseProperties

wt.fv.fvMountValidationMonitor.verbose

wt.fv.fvMountValidator.verbose

wt.fv.configurator.verbose

Thanks Mathew

I was also thinking on the lines of vaulting, but the Application got so slow because of indexing issues that it was a real pain to open storage admin applet. Lets see if I can find some thing here..

Matt

As suspected, the issue is with vaulting.

None of them are valid...

Forgot to mention. Its WIndchill 9.1 M040 monolithic

When we experienced this issue it has always ended up being a JRE/plugin issue. Either we found multiple versions of JRE or java update did not happen correctly. Uninstallation of all existing JREs and reinstalling latest one resolve the issue for us.

What version of JRE are you using?

Lakshman

JRE should not be an issue because I am using Browser capability to upload the file. Anyway I am using update 27 on client machine and update 16 on the server.

Pardeep,

Please check your client version of Java plugin, the later versions 1.6.0_24+ (not exaclty sure about the rev) have issues with uploading to WC 9.1. I believe there is a patch available for WC that will allow never java clients.

Suggest downgrading your client to 1.6.0_20 and try your upload again ( that should fix it)

/Cars10

Thank you for the reply Carsten

Well the thing is java was not a problem before the windows patch update. What I found is that the problem is with the validity of the mounts...

Use jre 6.17 them work fine, before uninstall all other jre & restart pc.

Feofilov

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is not with JRE. The problem is with the vaulting configuration. Al of a sudden after the update, all mounts have become invalid. Its a dev server and it was rehosted just 2 weeks back. So I guess the person who did the rehosting did not cover all the bases and messed it up. I am trying to validate the mounts but its not happening. I will have to discuss with the one who did rehosting.

Well, the re-hosting was done and Vault mounts were not validated properly. It all fine now. Thanks friends.

Top Tags