cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

For Product Development - Different Concepts through Windchill

karthikeyan
1-Newbie

For Product Development - Different Concepts through Windchill

DearAll,

During the Product initiation stage, we haveseparate teams to develop different Concepts/Mechanism fortheSAME PRODUCT concurrently.

For Example- 3 different Mechanism developed by 3 different Team (say 1 , 2, & 3), Finally we decide to aptbest Mechanism (say 2) out of three Concept/Mechanism Already developed.

I need to do this scenario through Windchill.

Presently, we are working in local hard drive, once we selected the best mechanism / Concept, we upload the same in WINDCHILL.

Here the problem is, the other two Mechanism/Concept is NOT present in WINDCHILL.

Can anyone helpme to develop a procedure to work in the concept stage (Product initiation stage)through WINDCHILL.

My Aim is to work in windchill for Product Development from the scratch with different concept.

Thanks

Regards

N.Karthikeyan

3 REPLIES 3

Do you own ProjectLink? Conceptual design is one of the main purposes of this product.

Are the teams completly without any communication between each other? Aren't there no common specs, references, etc.? As far as I know ProjectLink, it's focus is to manage compeltly separate datasets.

We tackle a similar challenge be developing a common reference structure in ProE. This structure consists only of assemblies and skeletons, and contains only the common and specific references to be used by all developers. This reference structure is independant from any other design assembly, and is managed as such in PDMLink. Resulting fromthis structure are skeletons to be used by the designers in their design assemblies. So, our approach is mainly a ProE approach, but enabled by PDMLink.

This way we develope variants of functions within an existing machine, or completly new machines, concurrent or sequential.

Does this makes sense to you?

Regards, Hugo.

<< ProE WF3 M150 - PDMLink 8.00 M040 >>

Hi Hugo,

Can you please share more info on that? Can we get in touch?

Aleksandra

Top Tags