cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Get the container name in EPMDocumentNamingDelegate method

nbojcetic
10-Marble

Get the container name in EPMDocumentNamingDelegate method

Hello,

we successfully implemented EPMDocumentNamingDelegate (as described in the manual) but we have a request to put a container (product name) in the document file name. I search all over the net and read bunch of manuals but I did not found the answer. The DocIdentifier object is not referenced anywhere and (as far as I can see) can't be used to get the container name. I even tried creating a query using new document number as a search condition but that was a dead end because (it seems to me) the EPMDocument is not jet in the system so query cannot return the object. If anybody can give me a pointer or a hint what to do it will be of great help.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

I'm not familiar with these classes, but it looks like there's a getParameters() and setParameters(HashMap) that can be utilized.

Hi Matthew,

yes, one wold think that this method would do what it say it will, but no, this is not the right way to set the parameters values. For this there is a different delegate called ModeledAttributesDelegate (this was explained to me by the very nice lady from ptc help desk) and it works fine you can set value to parameter in creo part with out a problem. My concern now is how to get the container (product name) from EPMDocumentNamingDelegate and this is very very very complicated, I stuck and there is no light in sight 😞

Any way thank you for replay.

Best regards!

Top Tags