cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can I keep Windchill object using the same lifecycle template after revise

zyuan
2-Guest

How can I keep Windchill object using the same lifecycle template after revise

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 10.2 and Datecode with CPS M030-CPS09

When create WTDocument on Windchill, it is configured to select lifecycle template in OIR. After revise, the lifecycle template changed automatically. I think PDMLink should keep using the same lifecycle template after revise. How can I do this ?
6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:zyuan)

Hi @zyuan 

It is configuration case. 

OOTB the object is created with lifecycle template defined in OIR, 

The revision do not change the lifecycle template if the object has the same LC template as definition in OIR. 

If the object has different lc template then OIR definition, revision will change it

It can happen for example, if you move object to context where the lifecycle OIR definition is deferent then actual lifecycle template on the object, the revision change the lifecycle template based on the OIR in the context. 

or if user uses workspace in one context where is different OIR definition then object which is added to the workspace from another context (product/project) in this case revision from creo could change the lifecycle. 

PetrH

I total agree with you. @HelesicPetr 

While I have a real problem that Windchill does not work like what we thinking.

I configured document to select different lifecycle template named 'template A' and 'template B' in OIR.

Then I create a document with 'template B' and change its state to 'Release'.

I believe the document in new revision should keep using 'template B', But after revise, document's lifecycle template became ' template A'.

I don't know how it happened.  

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @zyuan 

How do you configure OIR with "template A" and "template B" is there any condition if two templates are used ? 

You can not configure two templates without conditions. 

What context level do you change the OIR? Site/Org/Product/Library ?

PetrH

I referred below article and configured OIR according.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS30088?source=search

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

HI @zyuan 

Ok, this is interesting setting that user can define the Lifecycle template. I've never used it.

But it works same way as you use change reassign LC HelesicPetr_1-1692087031358.png

If you chose different lifecycle template the revise function change it back based on OIR rule. 

The revise operation check and uses the first configuration even though the user use different lifecycle template.HelesicPetr_0-1692086833066.png

based on article CS273517 you would need to customize the behavior. 

HelesicPetr_2-1692087317605.png

PetrH

zyuan
2-Guest

It looks like I have found the cause.

In OIR, there is a default lifecycle template, When revise, Windchill will use default lifecycle template instead of keeping current lifecycle template.

<AttrValue id="lifeCycle.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.lifecycle.server.impl.LifeCycleTemplateAttributeAlgorithm">
     <Arg>Developmental CC2 Lifecycle</Arg>
</AttrValue>

Is there any way to modify OIR ?

Top Tags