cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can I modify multiple parameters or attributes from different parts on Windchill?

crivera
2-Guest

How can I modify multiple parameters or attributes from different parts on Windchill?

I am looking to modify and update multiple parameters  or properties from several parts and assemblies simultaneously on Windchill. How could I do this?

3 REPLIES 3
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:crivera)

Check the CAD files out in a workspace.  Edit them there.

Thanks. I did and I could modify some of the attributes, but what I am really looking for is: how to add parameters from the CREO model into Windchill Attributes? I want to add certain parameters to the attribute list and them select them and modify them for all the parts and assemblies simultaneously. Like a Massive attribute update...

If parameter does not exist in creo model then you have to open creo model and add parameter. also if your parameters in creo are not designated then you also need to designed them.  This can be done in bulk with large data using custom toolkit utilities

If parameters are exist in Creo model and designated, you need to update only attribute value then this can be done using Windchill API’s

To update the parameter/attributes using Windmill API’s is not too complex (not simple at all ) but if you want to open creo model and add or attribute value and designate it.  Then it is complex and time consuming.

Hope it helps!!

Thanks

Shreyas

Top Tags