cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can I "Overwrite" the create new view

PK_9725986
5-Regular Member

How can I "Overwrite" the create new view

As per this thread - same problem

Hey bmr, 

It´s seems you are still active in the forum. Could you explain me how can I "Overwrite" the create new view from with an Processor. we try to change an attribute value while creating a new view version. 

The problem is that we can´t find any kind of template or layout for this "Pop-up" - Window.

thanks forward.

best regards from Vienna.

Philipp 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Either way, options are the same. the new view version action just like revise, makes a copy of the previous and the iteration is reset to 1. Its not like the edit Part popup where you are allowed to change fields. If you customized the processor, you can keep it at the .1 iteration with your modification. The listener can check out, edit and check in with a post event configuration but you need to be careful you do not throw an error which can fail the whole new view version action. Yes customization either way. Are you looking to have a user make a choice with the IBA change you indicated? If so, modifying the UI and process would be your only way but would not advise that.  It seems overkill.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Its captured here in config\actions\PartClient-actions.xml

<action name="newViewVersion">
<command class="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.forms.NewViewVersionFormProcessor" method="execute" windowType="popup" url="/netmarkets/jsp/part/newViewVersion.jsp?templateMode=EDIT"/>
<includeFilter name="sandboxSharingValidationSimple"/>
<includeFilter name="hideForAdminLocked"/>
<includeFilter name="disableForPartToCadBuildAdminLocked"/>
</action>

You'll have to replace or extend that class.

When you say changing an attribute value, do you mean IBA?  Might be better to create a listener to detect the creation of a new view version and respond there. This way, the UI is preserved and you can control your customization better (turn on or off).

PK_9725986
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Hey Avillanueva,

Thanks for your answer. 

You got the wrong idea, I want to change a IBA. Unfortunately I´m used to business-adminstration, but not very well or even once trained to code this kind of stuff. 

More stuff to learn next year. 

Thanks.

Either way, options are the same. the new view version action just like revise, makes a copy of the previous and the iteration is reset to 1. Its not like the edit Part popup where you are allowed to change fields. If you customized the processor, you can keep it at the .1 iteration with your modification. The listener can check out, edit and check in with a post event configuration but you need to be careful you do not throw an error which can fail the whole new view version action. Yes customization either way. Are you looking to have a user make a choice with the IBA change you indicated? If so, modifying the UI and process would be your only way but would not advise that.  It seems overkill.

@PK_9725986 This is OOTB not possible since no additional attributes have been defined on the wizard step. Please have look at the jsp file newViewVersion_step.jsp

If you would like to extend it you need to add the attribute to the jsp file and extend the form processor to process the attribute.

Top Tags