cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How can the Change Request Author be automatically assigned to a Change Activity task?

jfrankovich
10-Marble

How can the Change Request Author be automatically assigned to a Change Activity task?

Here is the situation:

A user, Bob, creates a Change Request (and thus is the Change Request Author).

The CR is approved and a CN is created.

The CN Implementation Plan has a Change Activity that needs to be assigned to the Change Request Author, Bob in this case.

How can I get the Change Request Author to automatically be the assignee for this Change Activity?

I know that I need a new CA soft type. (Currently I use soft types of Change Activities combined with Product Context Team Roles to automatically assign users or groups to Change Activities based on the Context of the change. But in this case, the Change Request Author is not based on the Context Team and could be anyone in the system with permission to create a CR in any context.) I thought I had everything set up correctly to assign to the Change Request Author, but every time I test it I get an "unresolved role" error from Windchill.

I feel like I am missing something minor in how roles are established and populated between the CR,CN, and CAs.

Does anybody have any ideas or could suggest a list of things I need to check in the workflow?

I've had a case with PTC for some time now, but the time we've spent and the things they asked me to try haven't made any difference (and never had a chance of working anyway in my opinion).

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

You have to do the customization in such a way that when you create the change activity, you need to find the associated CR and get the creator. Then change the owner / creator of change activity to the CR creator / owner. 

Second option is update the change activty object team and assign the respctive role with CR author in the change actvity workflow using expression robot

Best Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

I was thinking that an Expression Robot might be needed. Is there a method in the WorkflowProcessHelper class capable of finding the CR author and assigning it to the activity? I have not experimented with it in this way before.

Top Tags