cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I add additional "default" tasks to a change notice implementation plan?

mdebower
18-Opal

How do I add additional "default" tasks to a change notice implementation plan?

Hey,

I have been asked to add a couple of tasks to the Change Notice Implementation Plan so that they are there for every new change notice...    I will have to admit I am not sure on how to proceed...   Anyone done this before have some advice?

marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

TriMark Corp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are in 10.2, you can create Change Notice Templates with multiple change tasks templates and re-use the same when you create new change notices.

change_task1.jpg

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you are in 10.2, you can create Change Notice Templates with multiple change tasks templates and re-use the same when you create new change notices.

change_task1.jpg

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Binesh,

Unfortunately we are still on Windchill 10.1 m040

- marc.

Marc,

The CS - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS168927  tells us that there could not be multiple default Change Tasks/

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:mdebower)

Given that Templates are available in 10.2 you will want to seriously consider before implementing alternate means of doing this.  It does solve your immediate need but is addressed more cleanly at a future to you version.

One way that comes to mind is that you could add an expression robot to the Change Notice Workflow to add these other default/standard Change Tasks.

if it were me, I'd be negotiating with the stakeholders to wait until v10.2.  You may be able to use the need as leverage to upgrade sooner (there is lot's of other good stuff as well)

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:mdebower)

I agree with Keir here.  While you could just isolate the code that auto-creates the change task information and find a way to repeat it as necessary per applicable change notice, if you are eventually going to 10.2 then that implementation becomes an item that would just have to be removed as part of the upgrade process anyway, since it would no longer be necessary and possibly interfere with the 10.2 workflow too.

Regardless, I'm happy to help if you are interested in looking into either option further (code solution or upgrade).

Well, I think we will just wait for a Windchill 10.2 upgrade.

Top Tags