cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How do I run Outlook on my local computer from the Windchill site?

VladiSlav
17-Peridot

How do I run Outlook on my local computer from the Windchill site?

Hello everyone, please tell me what could be the problem, I did everything as described in the example https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS260239&language=en&posno=53&q=custom-actionModels.xml&DocumentType=Article%7CCommunity%20Forum&source=search , but the OUTLOOK application does not start?

2 REPLIES 2

Has Outlook been defined as the default mail client application for your machine?

Windows 10
Start Menu > Type "Default Apps"
Look for Email, and See if Outlook is defined here.

Are popups blocked in your web browser?

Does the menu action show in the Quicklinks section?

Are you using Windows?

The following set of code is this

window.location.href = "mailto:xyz@ptc.com;abc@pqr.com?subject=Free Chocolate&body=Free Chocolate";

if you right click on your desktop, and go to New Shortcut, and type in
mailto:xyz@ptc.com;abc@pqr.com?subject=Free Chocolate&body=Free Chocolate

Does this work? if it does not, it seems that it would be your system preventing the email, not windchill.

Hi @dmistry-3 ,

Thanks for sharing this useful information. 

Hi @VladiSlav ,

I am the one wrote this article while I was in PTC. To get this working (pop up outlook windows), you need to have outlook as your default email application. 

Note: This is a client side modification. So you need ask all clients/users do it on their machine (one time activity), or you can take help from your IT department to push these infrastructure changes (setting default email application as Outlook) to organization wide.

Regards,

Shirish

P.S.: Apologize, but I have no idea how to push such infrastructure changes to organization wide. I just read it somewhere that we can push such modifications for all users. Plz google for it. Good luck!

Top Tags