cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Change View of part Configuration ?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to Change View of part Configuration ?

Hello,

When I create a Part Configuration of a part,  the view is copied as it is. Default view is Design. So I want to change the design view to something else , let's say manufacturing view. So how do it? 

Any of the way is acceptable , Either by GUI or by customization.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Part Configurations take their information from the Part they are created from.  If you make a configuration from a Part with a Design view the Part Configuration will be Design View.  If you make a Part Configuration from a Part in a Manufacturing view the Part Configuration will have a Manufacturing View.

Part Configurations are only meant to hold the configuration (eg Version, View) of Parts used to generate or update a Product Instance.  They are not meant for interaction beyond that use case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mayur,

I do not think there is any Create new or Edit layout for this object "wt.part.wtproductconfiguration"

because it inherits the part view based on "Base part".

If base part is Design view, then part configuration created would inherit Design view.

so I would say create part configuration from the manufacturing view of base part in this case.

hope that make sense.

Thanks,
Rahul

Part Configurations take their information from the Part they are created from.  If you make a configuration from a Part with a Design view the Part Configuration will be Design View.  If you make a Part Configuration from a Part in a Manufacturing view the Part Configuration will have a Manufacturing View.

Part Configurations are only meant to hold the configuration (eg Version, View) of Parts used to generate or update a Product Instance.  They are not meant for interaction beyond that use case.

Thanks @JeffZemsky  and @rbhoraskar ,

Now I want to get Structure of Part Configuration using Java. So what is the direct or indirect API available to get Structure in its original form ,also it should be working for both base and Full type. 

Top Tags