cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to Rework from the Audit step in the CN and Re trigger the Change Task

rhermann
4-Participant

How to Rework from the Audit step in the CN and Re trigger the Change Task

I am working on a workflow and a key requirement is that if a user in the Audit Task in the Change Notice decides to choose "rework" I need the workflow to re trigger the change task and run through the assignee and reviewer tasks again.

I can't figure out how to get back into the Change Task.  Does anyone know how to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

If the Change Activity (aka Change Task) has already made it to the Resolved state, as it is in the OOTB CN/CA workflow, no can do as far as I'm aware.

We currently have a workflow where the Auditor can choose rework on the entire Change Notice, but it doesn't use the Change Activity for the rework process. Instead, any rework from the Auditor goes to one person who then reassigns it as necessary. After rework is completed, it goes to that same person to either review it himself or to reassign the review process. Not very elegant, but it's the best we could come up with using some of the limitations in the Change Management workflows.

One thing I played around with previously is to move the Audit task into the Change Activity instead of having it in the Change Notice. If that were the case it would be easy to put in a rework link loop. The drawback, of course, in cases where there are multiple Change Activities the Auditor would get multiple reviews. This would depend upon your specific requirements.

I've heard that Change Notices can be iterated, but I'm not sure if the Change Activity can be or if doing so would then fire off the CA and how that might interact with the CN and any synchronize robots.

rhermann
4-Participant
(To:rhermann)

Yeah I have used both of those approaches in the past with varying acceptance from the customer depending on their use case.  I was hoping someone would respond to this with a little more elegant solution.

Thanks for the input, at least I know I am not the only person struggling through this issue.

When setting mine up, I tried to explain that the Audit was just a review of the CN itself (the attached docs, the description, etc.) and was NOT a review of the CAD docs. The CAD doc review happened during the CA by the chosen reviewer.

That didn't fly so we ended up with what we have.

It would be nice to have something like this but I don't foresee it.

Not Sure how your change Process is setup. However you can either Revise the change notice instead of "Rework" or add custom expression robot to start the workflow process for Change task

Revise

This is slightly complex to implement. Modify workflow to assign 1st activity after revision should go to Change Admin to decide which change tasks needs to Revise or start from beginning in case you have multiple change task and only one change task needs to modification

Custom Expression Robot

Add expression robot after Audit Task for “Rework”. Use windchill API’s to collect and change task of change Notice and change the state to Open (1st state of Lifecycle to start workflow). below are the two API’s you may need to use

ChangeHelper2.service.getChangeActivities(theOrder);

LifeCycleHelper.service.setLifeCycleState(theTask, "THESTATE");

Hope it helps!!

Thanks

Shreyas

Top Tags