cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to add dropdown attributes on task page and make it required when user select rework/reject

NP_9998831
5-Regular Member

How to add dropdown attributes on task page and make it required when user select rework/reject

Need to add dropdown in tha task page along with comment and make it required when user select rework or reject option.
Any inputs to achieve this?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @NP_9998831 

It is not easy to set the attribute list in the workflow task.

Usually it is workflow variable with own custom class.

How to achieve it is described here > CS36017

PetrH

NP_9998831
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Yeah,i have seen this article-36017.
But i need a drodown with multi selection on task page.
and it should be required when user select rework/reject option(similar to comment attribute).

Hi @NP_9998831 

The required attribute can be achieved by java check code in a transaction task competition. You can throw an exception with message that the attribute is required if....

Multiselect dropdown combo box can be problem I guess at that place.

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:NP_9998831)

This is achievable. I have come close to what you are looking for except I did not use a multiselect drop down. It required a lot of hacking customization. I am looking to move away from this in the future. I have a task where the user picks a team from a drop down list. Simple to add a team variable but I needed a data utility to limit what teams from the system were selectable. This required a custom JSP task template where I can call out the data utility against the variable.  So, you will need the right variable to hold a multiselect result and a data utility to render it.  

The easiest way to implement a check based on a routing choice is to put check code in a transition. If the user selects rework and did not populate that attribute with something, throw a WTException with a message to kick the task back to them.

Announcements

Top Tags