cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to change LDAP server port number

ptc-4353336
1-Newbie

How to change LDAP server port number

How to change the LDAP server port number.?

By default in Windchill 9.1 M062 it is 389, i want to change it to 3268.!
Can any tell me the procedure to do this change.?

3 REPLIES 3

I've never done this and I'm not in front of an instance to look, but I'll take a stab at it. Assuming Windchill DS, I'd start with looking through the properties and xconfs for port and 389. You can also look for the guide on ptc.com reference docs. If you're running as a service, you may have to uninstall/reinstall or reconfigure that. Is there no option after running dshome/server/bat/control-panel.bat ?

Are you trying to change your port number for WindchillDS or the port number that you use to talk to your internal LDAP such as Microsoft AD? If it's the connection string for your internal LDAP (MS AD) then you have to log into Info*Engine Admin, and update your connection string.

Let me know which one you are trying to accomplish.

• Stop Windchill and Apache
  • Start WindchillDS control panel
  • Go to Manage Entries > All Base DN's > cn=config > Connection Handlers
  • Change the value of ds-cfg-listen-port attribute (for example: from 389 to 3890) then click Save Changes
  • Go to Manage Entries > userRoot > default BaseDN > cn=configuration
  • Locate all out-of-the-box JNDI adapters
    • There should be at least 2, for example com.example.Ldap and com.example.<hostname>.ldap-pending
    • In some systems there might be one more, for example com.example.EnterpriseLdap
    • Update the LDAP port number in the value of <adapter_name>.java.naming.provider.url property in each of these JNDI adapters
  • Restart WindchillDS
  • From a Windchill shell run the following commands:
    • xconfmanager -s ie.ldap.serverPort=<new_port_number> -p
    • xconfmanager -s wt.federation.ie.ldapServer=ldap://<LDAP_server_hostname>:<new_port_number> -p
  • Open <Windchill>\codebase\WEB-INF\ie.properties in a text editor and update the value of seeAlso property by appending the new ldap port number after the ldap server hostname, for example:
  • Edit <Apache>/conf/extra/app-<webapp_name>-AuthProvider.xml and update <ldapUrl> tag with the new ldap port number after the ldap server hostname
  • Run the following command from a windchill shell and from the Apache load point folder:
    • ant -f webAppConfig.xml regenWebAppConf
  • Restart Apache and Windchill
Top Tags