cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to choose another Windchill user for an attribute when creating a new document

rsingaram
11-Garnet

How to choose another Windchill user for an attribute when creating a new document

Hi all

I am using Windchill 11.1 M010

While creating a new document, I want to choose an existing (Windchill user) for the value of an attribute like "Reviewed By" for information purpose. I do not want to fill like a text box . I need to choose.

Can this be configured without any customization/coding? If then how to do this in "Types and Attributes" page first? Thanks for your help.

Ravi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maggie_Ma
13-Aquamarine
(To:rsingaram)

Hi Ravi,

i'm afraid this needs customization. 

if customer uses user picker, they can set showSuggestion=true. Or  suggestTextBox. Please reference to https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/add-a-suggestionbox-in-the-create-part-wizard/m-p/170123#M20075%3F&posno=12&q=suggestTextBox&source=search

Thanks and Regards,

Maggie

Maggie _Ma

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I do not want to use "Drop Down" type selection. Windchill should automatically list the users available dynamically. 

The only problem I expect is that if there are hundreds of users. Hope by typing first letters, it can automatically filter. May be I am expecting too much comfortable way of using. But just want to make sure configurable with out-of-box or need to customize.

-Thanks

Ravi

Maggie_Ma
13-Aquamarine
(To:rsingaram)

Hi Ravi,

i'm afraid this needs customization. 

if customer uses user picker, they can set showSuggestion=true. Or  suggestTextBox. Please reference to https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/add-a-suggestionbox-in-the-create-part-wizard/m-p/170123#M20075%3F&posno=12&q=suggestTextBox&source=search

Thanks and Regards,

Maggie

Maggie _Ma

Hi Maggie,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I would work this out.

-Ravi

Top Tags