cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to configure action icon by resource bundle

VasiliyRepecki
1-Newbie

How to configure action icon by resource bundle

Hi.

I need configure action icon using my resourceBundle file (extends WTListResourceBundle).

Code example:

@RBEntry("my_img_folder/action_icon.png")

public static final String MY_ACTION_ICON = "myObjectType.myActionName.icon";

"my_img_folder" is located in codebase/netmarkets/images.

But i cann't see icon in action menu.

My resourceBundle file works, because if i specify any other icon from netmarkets/images, i can see it in action menu.

What am i doing wrong or maybe forgot to do?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution in Help Center. Сhapter "Defining Menus -> Displaying Actions -> Trouble Shooting"

Icons for some actions are missing

To follow UI standards, the action service is designed to only show the icons in the actions menu if those icons also appear in some toolbar anywhere in the system. If you need to workaround this for some action that doesn’t belong in any toolbar, you could create a dummy model with your action such as:
<model name=toolbarModelNotUsedAnywhere> <action name=myActiontype=myActionType/> </model>
Then the action service will show the icon defined for that action in the actions menu.

Caution: in my case this model exists already at NetMarkets-actionmodels

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VINO
4-Participant
(To:VasiliyRepecki)

Hello,

Check the format and dimension of your image which you have pasted inside netmarkets/images. Windchill is taking only the images which have 16X16 dimension and .gif format.

I tried with this conditons (gif and 16x16). Does not work.

Maybe it necessary register my_img_folder in some way?

I found a solution in Help Center. Сhapter "Defining Menus -> Displaying Actions -> Trouble Shooting"

Icons for some actions are missing

To follow UI standards, the action service is designed to only show the icons in the actions menu if those icons also appear in some toolbar anywhere in the system. If you need to workaround this for some action that doesn’t belong in any toolbar, you could create a dummy model with your action such as:
<model name=toolbarModelNotUsedAnywhere> <action name=myActiontype=myActionType/> </model>
Then the action service will show the icon defined for that action in the actions menu.

Caution: in my case this model exists already at NetMarkets-actionmodels

Top Tags