cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to customize index.html file while exporting package contents

gmydoor-2
9-Granite

How to customize index.html file while exporting package contents

Hello all,

How to edit table view in index.html file obtained by downloading zipped Package in Windchill PDMLink?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, I created the complete offline package functionality by myself with searchable structure, documents (pdf), line numbers, replacement parts, etc. It took a while, but the the efforts have paid off.

We also created a difference package, so two package version can be compared and only the difference will be exported. This function is very welcome for all the certification authorities.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

This is a great question to which I have no answer. You might need to open a PTC Technical Support case for this one.

Thanks for the response. But PTC says there is no supporting API for this.  

Hi @gmydoor-2 

If PTC says there is not supported API, it does not mean it is not possible.

@BjoernRueegg for example created own function. 

PetrH

Yes correct. I was just asking for the inputs on how can i proceed with our own customization. 

I got an answer from support that this part is not customizable. So I programmed a custom export for packages...

Hi Thanks for the response. Did u customize index.html table ? 

No, I created the complete offline package functionality by myself with searchable structure, documents (pdf), line numbers, replacement parts, etc. It took a while, but the the efforts have paid off.

We also created a difference package, so two package version can be compared and only the difference will be exported. This function is very welcome for all the certification authorities.

Top Tags