cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to customize table in structure tab ?

smorla
9-Granite

How to customize table in structure tab ?

Hi,

I am trying to customize the columns in the Uses tab under the Structure part info tab.

Screenshot.png

The Uses tab renders a Table component with a column Reference Designator with cells that are editable. I want to change the cells in such a way they are not a text box that is editable, but a Link that opens a WTDocument in Windchill.

Please help me how to do this.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
olivierfresse
13-Aquamarine
(To:smorla)

Well, you can't :

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS165341&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=product%20structure%20menu&Produ…

TitleIs there a guide describing the supported customizations of the Product Structure Browser (PSB) in Windchill PDMLink
Description
  • Is there a guide describing the supported customizations of the Product Structure Browser (PSB)
  • How to add Level column to Structure Table View of Product Structure Browser (PSB)
  • How to customize Part context menu in structure view ?
Applies To
  • Windchill PDMLink 10.0 to 11.0
Cause
Resolution

Hello,

I would say that it is possible to customize the parameters by DataUtility, What is shown.

Unfortunately the structure Uses tab attributes can show only and just only String values. 

the DU method getPlainDataValue() from the structure is called so the result shown attribute is always string.

I usually create own wizard or page in custom tab of object with structure table where I can do anything... 

Best Regards.

Top Tags