cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to define workflow participant from document attribute

JeffreyTowles
1-Newbie

How to define workflow participant from document attribute

Anybody have any insight as to how to define a Workflow Activity Participant from a WTDocument soft-type attribute?

i.e. if the WTDocument creator enters in the full name or username of a user into the attribute field, then a subsequent workflow activity will assign the task to the designated user.

We have WTDocument sub-type that kicks off a workflow, but we currently have to use a 'Edit and Submit' task so that the initiator can designate a different user for a particular role later in the workflow (Setup Participants from a Resource Pool). There is a request to eliminate that initial task and jump straight into the main body of the process.

Thanks,

- Jeff

1 REPLY 1

Hi Jeffrey,

I've been working on similar...

You'll want to explore QuerySpec and Code examples for generating a Query within an Expression Robot. This will find you a WTPrincipal based on Name (username) or other property such as Full Name. From there explore RoleHolder (public API equivalent ofr TEAM) where you can add the WTPrincipal to a WTRoleHolder (Team) of the pbo. Note - your pbo Team will have to have the Role in question, and I'm assuming that the WTDocument Lifecycle is Advanced with Workflow.

Top Tags