cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to delete an "In progress" purge job or "

ptc-3076950
1-Newbie

How to delete an "In progress" purge job or "

I'm a new user to Windchill and have the following problem that i can't find an answer for. I've been tasked to perform purges so that we can reduce the massive amount of usagelinks that exist in Windchill. Till now, I have been running jobs which target an x amount of iterations (thus an x amount of usagelinks) which usually take over an hour or so to complete. I setup one job yesterday which is still showing up as "In progress". I have checked the Event manager which is showing 3 "Pending" events for this job!? I assume it should only have 1? The top-most event also displays a blue right-arrow against the event name. I tried deleting theese 3 events and get a message saying pending events cannot be deleted. I get similar message when trying to delete the purge job. A colleague suggested I setup a new purge job and maybe that would clear up the previous job. I did this and the new job also seems to be in limbo, showing a "In progress" status for the last 4 hours. The Event Manager shows 1 event for this job and I cannot delete this event or the job either. I used some PL/SQL to query the database for the targeted products and it seems they still have the same number of iterations/usagelinks so I know that neither purge jobs ahve worked or are running. My question is, is there a way to remove "Pending" events or "In progress" purge jobs? I'm hoping by doing this that maybe it will clear up the event queue and new jobs may start to run again. A learned colleague who I would ask this question is currently on 2 weeks leave so I'm a bit stuck. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shak
1 REPLY 1

Hi, have you a solution for your problem? My server is burning after launch a mega purge ... and i can't delete the job.

Edit: This solution work

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS33859&lang=en

1. Disable queues named like wt.router.5.* (e.g wt.router.5.1,wt.router.5.2) in the Queue Manager
2. Stop the Method Server
3. Backup the purgerecord table using SQLPlus:

create table purgerecord_bak as select * from purgerecord;

4. Perform the update in SQLPlus while the Method Server is not running:

update purgerecord set status='failed' where ida2a2=(select ida2a2 from purgeRecord where name='your_job_name');
commit;

5. Start the MethodServer
6. Delete the purge job through the Purge Manager
7. Remove the hung entries from the disabled queues through the Queue Manager
8. Enable the queues in the Queue Manager

Top Tags