cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to get attribute value into Task Name

RajeshM
2-Guest

How to get attribute value into Task Name

Hi

I am trying to create a workflow. In that for a workflow task i need to send the object number as part of task name. is it possible to do this. I have created a global variable which is carrying the object number.

thanks

rajesh

2 REPLIES 2

No task names are part of Workflow templates so you cannot change it dynamically unless with a hack job. But could you not display the information in the body of the task or enhance task table to display primaryBusinessObjects variable that you are interested in..

Thank you

Sudeep Bhattarai

Hi,

I think we had a similar problem. Many of our users want a more specific notification of which document the Workflow task was assocaited with. To correct this we used the Email Robot (rather than the notification) to send a email with a name and link to our workgroup manager client.

I would really recommend this as a way of making the task notficiation more spefici to the object.

The Workflow also has a pretty easy api and I would imagine the description attribute could be easily changed when created.

Top Tags