cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to import parameters from Creo files in Projectlink into Windchill?

cmaitlen
1-Newbie

How to import parameters from Creo files in Projectlink into Windchill?

I am trying to figure out a way to import the either the file parameters or attributes from Creo files in Projectlink into our Windchill PDME.  We receive files in Projectlink from another company which have parameters such as descriptions, revision level, etc. in them which are shown as attributes in Projectlink.  We have to download the files from Projectlink and then add them to our Windchill PDME.  When adding them to our Windchill the parameters are not read and they are added at the default revision level without any of our normal attributes (description, material, etc.).

Is there a way to set Windchill to either read the parameters from the files or use spreadsheets exported from Projectlink to update the files imported into out Windchill?  I can export lists from Projectlink which contain all the attributes we would like to transfer to our Windchill PDME.  If Windchill is not able to read the parameters from the files upon import, than I was wondering if a spreadsheet could be used to populate all the parameters associated with those files after they have been imported into our Windchill.  The parameters for the imported files do vary somewhat from our normal attributes and Creo file parameters.  I am wondering if there is a way to read from a spreadsheet, so that certain attributes listed on the spreadsheet populate the desired attributes in our Windchill.  For example, say the imported files have DESCRIPTION_1 as an attribute and we want it to populate DESCRIPTION in our Windchill.  The names vary slightly, so either the spreadsheet name would need changed or some type of translation program would be needed to associate the different names together to populate the desired attribute.

Once the imported files have been added it would be nice to be able to update or repopulate the attributes in the future as needed.  We will receive updated files through Projectlink which will need to be downloaded and replace the existing files in our Windchill PDME.  The new updated files will be revisions of the current files, so the parameters should stay the same except for the revision.  We can manually adjust the the revision as needed, but I thought it might be nice to be able to update any other attribute changes as well in case they do change.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags