cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to increase the sizes of Resulting Objects window?

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine

How to increase the sizes of Resulting Objects window?

JS_9824412_0-1647973556011.png

Want to exam the list of Resulting Objects, however, the window size is too small. Each time there are only 3 or 4 objects can be shown. If the list is long, the side scroll bar doesn't care and consistently presents some portion of the list at snail speed.

Is there any way to open up a large sized (popup) window of the Resulting Objects?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

After creating your own tab you go to the upper right and select the Customize button.  Add any table you want.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JS_9824412)

As far as I am aware there is not a way to open it in its own window.

As a side note, you are aware you can make the tables longer?  You move your mouse over this line at the bottom of the table.

STEVEG_0-1647974431955.png

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine

If this is the only option, I will have to use it. Each dragging move can only open a little bit. The dragging move is always stopped by the border at the bottom of screen. Have to repeat "dragging move down + Roll Up" for many times to open fully. It works though.

You can also collapse other tables on the same page eg the Affected Objects table by selecting the Collapse Table icon "-"

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Just move the table up on the page so it's not the last table.

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine

Good idea! How to move the Resulting Objects table up?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

You create your own tab then you move the tables in any order you wish.

STEVEG_0-1647975647068.png

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

After creating your own tab you go to the upper right and select the Customize button.  Add any table you want.

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine

Learned some tricks today!  THANKS!

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

If this is a Change Task then the Affected Objects and Resulting Objects table come as an "Affected / Resulting Objects" group and it is not possible to reorder the tables within the "group". At least on our 12.0.2.4 system that is the way it is.

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine
(To:RandyJones)

I also used your suggestion to switch off the Affected Objects table, which is always on the top.

Hello,

I do not have concrete answer however I can give you some directions. Each actions and its page is governed by model actions. Please find the action for resulting Window (if any) possibly in ChangeManagement-actions.xml and  change the Window type to popup/new

e.g. This action is just as an example and may not be exact action. 

From
<action name="collectItems_ResultingItems" renderType="GENERAL" selectRequired="true">
<description>Collect items to be added to the resulting objects</description>
<command onClick="openCollectorPicker(&apos;CollectItemsFromChange_ResultingItems&apos;,event)" windowType="no_content"/>
</action>

To 

<action name="collectItems_ResultingItems" renderType="GENERAL" selectRequired="true">
<description>Collect items to be added to the resulting objects</description>
<command onClick="openCollectorPicker(&apos;CollectItemsFromChange_ResultingItems&apos;,event)" windowType="popup"/>
</action>

Let me know how it goes.

Where to find and edit this ChangeManagement-actions.xml? Where to save the change? I am just an end user of CREO and Windchill, and am not an administer. 

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Normally you wouldn't be able to do this as a standard user.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Ajit's answer will require system admin rights to your Windchill server and code.

Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

I agree and it will be permanent for all users. 

Top Tags