cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to measure the benefit of using ModelCHECK. What are possible KPI's?

JimTVancouverCa
1-Newbie

How to measure the benefit of using ModelCHECK. What are possible KPI's?

Hello all,

How do you show a measurable benefit to using ModelCHECK?  What are credible Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for using ModelCHECK?

Assuming ModelCHECK gatekeeper is NOT configured in Windchill, the following checks could be done.

Some ideas I have so far:

• Business Process: If work packages have attributes for the nature of the work: Rework versus Engineering Change, that could be used.
  • Measure time between revision of object to when it is next in a released state.  Would expect this time to go down in the months after a useful modelCHECK configuration is implemented.
  • Batch mode runs on the whole database (if this is technologically feasible) and use the Metrics Collection to measure % conforming data.
  • Batch mode runs for a rolling time period and track and measure % passing data.

Obviously the hard hitting approach would be to use ModelCHECK gatekeeper right away and phase in more checks that result in 'Error' conditions after running them at 'Warning' for a period of time.

User training would go hand in hand with all these efforts of course.

I'm curious to read about the experiences of others. 

Best regards, - Jim

1 REPLY 1
osenbore
5-Regular Member
(To:JimTVancouverCa)

In my experience, when configuring Modelcheck for a customer, they already knew that their engineers had bad modeling practices from years of doing things the wrong way, so for them, they wanted to:

- Reduce the amount of engineering time that went into modifying existing data

- Improve the quality of their drawing annotations and notes (since they paid employees to sit and review drawings, the immediate tracker was to see how much time they spent reviewing the drawing for things like spelling errors, compared to when Modelcheck was implemented, and MC could catch spelling errors for them.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags